Friday, November 14, 2008

Another update

School is getting to the point of being ridiculous. Everything had been in nice organized stacks in my mind. Those slowly turned into organized piles. And now the whole thing is like my dad's garage. A complete wreck but he knows where everything is if you give him enough time to find it. I feel myself slowly becoming unwound from the winding up over the summer. Thanksgiving can't get here fast enough. I need family. People that'll understand me. People that I'm used to dealing with their eccentricities and love them for their faults. I'm tired of being nice and getting by. Maybe I'm just babbling. All I know is that I'm ready to move on. Not only from this semester but from this vein of life in general. I'm ready to go out and experience some more, in another location, with different people. The people that I've met that are new to school this year are nice but I'm just not getting along with them. Maybe I've got cabin fever? Senioritis? Deadly plights both. Whatever it is, I'm ready. Registered for my last semester of undergraduate classes: 18 hours. I think that's the most I've ever taken. Definitely not looking foward to it.

Miscellany:
  • Still haven't narrowed down graduate school.
  • I'm going to enter a composition contest for cash. Maybe two. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • I'm enjoying learning my piano music. I felt like I had found out how to practice to make music but I couldn't hold onto that feeling. It was like trying to hold a cloud or fire. Very fleeting. I'll get it back soon enough.
  • I'm broke.
That is all.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I know what you mean about school coming unraveled. And Thanksgiving. What kind of composition contest is it?

M. Rose said...

The one that got me interested was the Yale Glee Club Emerging Composers Competition. You write a SATB accompanied or unaccompanied choral piece. And then there's the BMI song competition. Any genre, any style. So I think I'm going to use the text of the choral piece to write the BMI piece as well. 11 days till we get to leave for Thanksgiving!